Thursday, May 01, 2008

How to Stamp with a Large Stamp



Worked on inches and asked a question of some of my group and got all kinds of answers. Stand on it......Honest was one reply. She was serious and 2 others replied with that answer. The question was how do you get a good even stamp with a large rubber stamp. Well I didn't stand on it but I did put it on a magazine and put a book over top of the stamp stood up put both hands on it and got a good impression. I also used Stazon ink pad the click is only one of many places to purchase it. I also applied embossing powder and heat gun to raise the impression and since I was using chalk I could remove it from the embossed raised areas with a soft brush and q tip.



I also found out you can remove soft chalk marks with a vinyl erasure. So I had a great inchie session with all the stuff around me. I am really liking the arrangement of my supplies. I must find something to put in the little things. Other than a bit of TV that's about it for the day but that was enough for me.

I will be cutting this up and put each of them on a background. I also would like to make some serendipity squares but in this case the idea is to cover a larger piece of card stock with randon glued on papers a overlapping and going over the edge and then turn paper on the back line up a grid of 1" x1" squares mount on card stock and embellish. I would Google this and see for your self.

1 comment:

Laura lok said...

great inches. I just haven't been able to get into them yet.